Ashwaubenon water-main work to hinder
Installation spans from Ridge Road to Ashland Ave.
By Andy Behrendt
Green Bay Press Gazette
Published March 20th, 2005
ASHWAUBENON —Ashwaubenon residents and motorists beware:
Along with the first stroke of spring, construction on
new water mains will kick off on roadways this week.
The transmission pipe installation, part of a three-phased
project to bring Lake Michigan water from the city of
Green Bay to Ashwaubenon next year, will begin Monday,
weather permitting, village Water Utility Engineer Doug
Martin said. The route will bring water to storage towers
on Ridge Road.
The construction is expected to take three to four months.
The water utility advises motorists of partial lane closures
to through traffic although all properties in construction
zones will be accessible.
The starting point will be the intersection of Baeten
Road and Ashland Avenue, stemming off work already in
progress along Ashland. The route will proceed in the
• Southern lane of Baeten Road from Ashland to Holmgren
• Eastern terrace area of Holmgren from Baeten to Parkview
• Northern lane of Parkview Road from Holmgren to Ridge
• Eastern lane of Ridge Road from Parkview to Glory Road.
• Eastern lane of Ridge Road from Parkview to Centennial
For information, call the Ashwaubenon Water Utility at